Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ghosts and Ghouls and Mummies...Oh My!

Jesse and I don't usually do much on Halloween other than turn off our lights and pretend like we're not home, but this year since Evie was a little older we figured we'd switch things up a little.  Our ward Trunk or Treat was on the Friday before Halloween, so we dressed Evie up and took her to get candy that we could pass out on Monday, Halloween night.  Evelyn made a fabulous Mummy and was a charmer in her outfit.  It was a little chilly so we waited and showed up a little while after it started.  Unfortunately in our attempt to not have her in the cold too long, we missed all of the trunks.  When we got to the church lots of cars were pulling out of the parking lot.  Evie did get some tootsie rolls and a cookie almost as big as her face though so it wasn't a bust!
 Here we are getting ready and practicing our menacing faces.
 
The final product...I figure the red eyes in the top picture complete her outfit!  2 yards of cheese cloth, while it seems like a lot, barely wrapped a baby this size and her mummy bucket too.
On the way home after enjoying her cookie.  As you can see there are remnants everywhere!

Now for something totally different...
 These were the treats I made for our 13-14 Sunday school class.  They are cake balls and were easy and fun to make.  Gotta LOVE Better Homes and Garden for cute little tips like this!

2 comments:

  1. SOOO cute! She was a way better mummy than me, haha! I really like the cake pops too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable mummy and I loved how your cake pops turned out.

    ReplyDelete