Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spirit of Boise

Each year there is a Spirit of Boise Festival downtown in Julia Davis Park during which hot air balloons from allover come to the valley.  I have always wanted to go and this year I got my wish.  Tony, Jasie, Jesse, and I took Evelyn to the night burn where the balloons lit up the night.  It was pretty neat (although our 13 year old Sunday school kids told us it was totally lame) and we all enjoyed it.  Here are a few of our photo memories...


Mickey came all the way from Disney Land (obviously) and we learned that he's the only balloon ever allowed to land on the floor of the Grand Canyon...pretty cool.

 

Tony can correct me, but I'm pretty sure there were 13 balloons there (there was one hiding behind a tree and we didn't see it until the end...it's not in this pictures so when you count and only see 12, I'm still right...=).  It was amazing how they illuminated the park when they lit their fires.  Evie's face was priceless. I wish we would have thought to get a picture of her.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even know Boise did that...super cool. We're coming home sometime in oct, hopefully we can come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You got some great pictures of it! I wasn't sure they would turn out in the dark like that but they look great! I'm glad we all went together- it was a lot of fun. Someday we'll go up in one :) One step at a time, right?

    ReplyDelete