Monday, September 12, 2011

Playing Catch Up

This summer has flown by and we've had lots of adventures.  I wanted to share some of the more notable ones, but once again time has slipped away.  So I'm left with an abbreviated version of many events and promises to do better next time. Here goes...

Our first adventure this summer was a week visit to my sister Charlotte's house in Harrisburg, Oregon two days after father's day.  Evie and I left Jesse at home to work and went to play with cousins and aunts.


During our visit Evelyn took off as far as crawling went.  Before this trip she would take a few steps forward, collapse to her tummy, and reach for what she wanted while crying.  Thankfully she moved beyond that.  It was cute for a couple days, but I'd assume it would get pretty old, pretty fast.



Charlotte, Whitney, Rachel and I had a sisters night with dinner and shopping.  We got home late and decided to take some pictures before we crashed.  My dad always said "nothing good happens after midnight" and here's the proof.  We got a little goofy, but had a fabulous time!  Justin, my awesome brother-in-law, volunteered to stay home with all the kids, including Evie.  He does a great job of making sure we get some valuable child free sister time every visit and I LOVE him for that!

On Sunday after church we all loaded in the car and went to the coast. It was Evie's first dip in the Pacific Ocean and since the day was as most days on the Oregon Coast, I only put her toes in.  The bad news is right after we took this picture a wave came in and totally soaked her pants.  She was a good sport though and didn't complain too much.

Fourth of July

For the Fourth this year we got together with Jesse's family.  It was extra special because my favorite AM talk radio host, (yes I know I'm a super nerd...) Glenn Beck, came to Driggs on Saturday the 2nd.  There was a community fun fair with activities and shows during the day and Glenn Beck and Fireworks that evening.  I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate our country's independence.  By far the best part was when he said he'd be back next year...Yea I can't wait!!

 
 

On the fourth we went to Victor, Idaho to watch their parade.  Evie had a great time and Aunt Kandace let her borrow her hat to keep the sun off her head.

Paulie's Wedding and Family Reunion

My little brother and his sweetheart Bryndy got married in the Rexburg Temple on the 28th of July.  That weekend we had a Christensen family reunion in the Logan Canyon.  Unfortunately I used all of my picture taking on the wedding and didn't snap a single one of the reunion. 



Jesse took our only proof we were in Utah at all when he climbed Naomi Peak with my dad, brother Dale, and brother-in-law Tyler.  This is the view from when they were bush whacking, because they lost the trail in all of the snow (so says Jesse).


We've had a fun and adventurous summer filled with the family we love.  We have definitely been blessed to live so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment