Jesse's Dad came for a visit last weekend and while he was here we went all over Montrose and the surrounding areas to see interesting things. Unfortunately in our usual mad rush to get into the car we forgot the camera, so we have nothing more than fond memories of our adventures.
Our first excursion was to the Black Canyon. Most of it was blocked off for snowshoeing and cross country skiing and since we had neither with us we couldn't go past the visitors center. So we went back to the highway to see some more sights. We ended up going to Blue Mesa Reservoir (the largest body of water in Colorado) and to Morrow Point Dam where the Gunnison and Cimmaron Rivers meet.
On Saturday we went to Ouray, drove up Million Dollar Highway to the end of Box Canyon, and took a wild ride in Yankee Boy Canyon. There were amazing views of the Red Mountains and it was obvious once again why they refer to the area as America's Swizterland. Darryl and Jesse played lots of tennis and even got in a little disc golf. Overall it was a great visit and was only dampened by the fact that Evie was sick and limited what we were able to do.
While we were looking into the Black Canyon at the visitor's center all the sudden I started to smell something rather familiar. So Evelyn and I walked back up to the top and headed for the changing table in the bathroom. Much to my surprise Evie had had her first blowout since she was about 6 months old. It was really unpleasant. I didn't have much with me so I fashioned pants out of her coat, which worked surprisingly well.
So here they are...you can't tell from the back but the hood was in front so it's a little more obvious. I held them up with the elastic that goes around the sunshade for my car. I was impressed with my ability to make it work and had to document the moment when we got home. Evelyn didn't want the picture as much as she wanted to play with the camera...hence the odd way her head is cut off in most of them and how she didn't want grandpa to help her stand still! She had also pulled the pig tails out of her hair so she looks odd allover!
While we were looking into the Black Canyon at the visitor's center all the sudden I started to smell something rather familiar. So Evelyn and I walked back up to the top and headed for the changing table in the bathroom. Much to my surprise Evie had had her first blowout since she was about 6 months old. It was really unpleasant. I didn't have much with me so I fashioned pants out of her coat, which worked surprisingly well.
So here they are...you can't tell from the back but the hood was in front so it's a little more obvious. I held them up with the elastic that goes around the sunshade for my car. I was impressed with my ability to make it work and had to document the moment when we got home. Evelyn didn't want the picture as much as she wanted to play with the camera...hence the odd way her head is cut off in most of them and how she didn't want grandpa to help her stand still! She had also pulled the pig tails out of her hair so she looks odd allover!





Wow! I would have documented also!! That did work out pretty good, haha! Sorry about the sick baby and blow out though. Neither of those are very fun. Hope little Evie is feeling all better.
ReplyDelete