Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Flower Pot Is Not A Hat


A flower pot is not a hat. 
A lamp shade is not a hat.
A frying pan is not a hat. 
If I put it on my head it is. 

When I was little my Aunt Julie gave me this book; it was one of my favorites and held sage words of wisdom like A little brother is not a chair...If I sit on him he is.  I haven't thought about it much since childhood, but recently it has been on my mind a lot!

Evelyn has always been fascinated by hats and I'm sure if she had her way she would wear one every moment of every day.  Her fetish has morphed into more of an obsession.  She seems to think that since she likes hats so much everyone else MUST like them also.  She likes to put them on both Jesse and I and even her stuffed goat, Munch.  She points out each hat she sees, excitedly yelling "HAT, HAT, HAT" until said hat is acknowledged.
Her newest step in hat love has been to put random things on her head and declare them hats.  Here are some of my favorites.
A sock
A peach cup
A cucumber
A pair of pants
A milk sippy cup
A water sippy cup
A cereal bowl
 
And my all time favorite...daddy's hand.  She grabbed Jesse's hand, put it on her head and declared it a hat.
A sock is not a hat.
A peach cup is not a hat.
A cucumber is not a hat
A pair of pants is not a hat.
A sippy cup is not a hat.
A bowl is not a hat.
Daddy's hand is not a hat.
But when she puts them on her head they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment