Friday, September 16, 2011

The Zoo

Jesse and I took Evelyn for her first trip to the zoo the other day.  We met Lucy and Patrick and made a day of it.  The weather was cool so we were able to see a lot of animals out and about that would have sought shelter on a hot sunny day.

 
 

The best part by far was the Butterflies in Bloom exhibit.  These butterflies came all the way from Costa Rica and were all sorts of beautiful colors.  The one on my shoulder in the top picture is the same as the one on Evelyn's hat. They loved Jesse's shirt and hat. At one point he had 5 or 6  land on him.


I don't remember what animal these ears belong to, maybe a dear, but as you can see Evie was not to keen on putting her head in between them.  I'm sure the people thought we were torturing her, especially when she started screaming.


They have this cool giraffe that has a slide on it's neck.  Evie and Patrick both loved it!

1 comment:

  1. HOW FUN! I've never been to a zoo when the Butterfly exhibit actually had butterflies! The picture of Jesse reminds me of Avatar, HAHA! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete